Guess what today is? Okay, I know... I gave it away in the title. I am always doing that. THIS IS THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF LIVING IN A GREEN ROOM!!! I can't believe it's been a year. I swear I was sure that I only had enough material for 7 blog posts.
Like all years of my life, this one has had it's tumultuous moments. I started blogging the day after I lost my dream job to budget problems. I remember Allison telling me that I should blog because she would always read it. And I was like "Yeah. You will be the only one."
But then the trauma of job loss and the resulting boredom (I do get bored after one day of unemployment. It's happened more than I care to admit.) led to me drawing this. That was my first time drawing a cartoon since grade school and you can tell I have noticeably improved in a year!
- I met and fell in love with Jay. More importantly, I fell in love enough to actually blog him (although I did sneak him in at the bottom of the post that first time).
- I got my previous-to-the-dream-job-job back. Same company, same role, same coworkers. And in some ways I love it even more than I ever did previously. (A drug plan and a better office chair will do that for you.)
- I resigned from being a teacher because even though it sounds cool it was SO not for me.
- Brenna (my sister and other half) came back from Australia after a year away and moved a block away from me. (!)
- I moved out from the safety net of years with an awesome roommate and into a flat of my own. Then the incredible Allison & Robin Duo moved in downstairs and I love them (together and separately) more than I could even explain in writing. It would require an entire interpretive dance to explain how I feel about living above them.
It's been a hell of a year. And mostly, through it all, I have been blogging. I can't commit to staying at a job for longer than the 30 minutes it takes me to ergonomically adjust my office chair but I have blogged (regularly) for one year. So yeah. I am more committed to you readers than I am to financial stability. And my gluten-free diet. And exercise.
That's not saying much. We all know I have never been committed to exercise.
And we all know that that cake I drew isn't gluten-free.
But cartoon me is gonna eat the whole damn thing anyways.
I would like to also use this post to explain how much I love those of you who comment. I love comments SO much. I check for them more than 10 times a day. Just in case, you know? So if you ever think that you want to say something but you aren't sure? Just say it. Even a heart symbol is enough to make my entire day and make the blogging more worth it. Those of you who loyally comment all the time: I LOVE YOU. You are five people that I already loved outside of the Green Room, but your comments are everything to me. Thanks for always writing something so I know my posts aren't going into the internet ether.
The awesome background wallpaper for this post comes from Mica_R on Flickr.