I finished another living room! This time I laid down a better pencil drawing, a more vibrant watercolour base layer and more watercolour layers before adding the gouache. I also changed papers from a watercolour block for the last painting to some 300lb Arches Hot Press for this one. The Arches feels so solid and lovely but definitely has a more matte finish and I think that really affected the drying time of the paint and also the spreadability. There is definitely more work to do in finding a perfect balance between the watercolour and the gouache and the paper. Less stuff sliding around this time, but also the colours aren't as vibrant as my first attempt.
Still, I am quite pleased!! And that was still fun! Also, I want that cat planter.