I finished my third Archer shirt today. I should probably take a break from the button-downs after this, because I am starting to bore even myself. I am thinking of trying my hand at some Darling Ranges dresses, but before that, I need to just sit down and finish the wedding dress.
I made no alterations from the Tomato Soup shirt... exactly the same pattern, but in a cozy teal/aqua flannel check that is perfect for these first few days of super chilly spring, and also for opening the cottage in a few weeks. I cut the pockets, button placket, back yoke and cuffs on the bias for a little visual interest (plus it meant not having to match the check in those places, double win!)
This flannel was on sale for $5/metre... so total cost of this shirt is $18... 3 metres of fabric plus some buttons. Now that I've made three of these, it takes me about a day to sew one (slightly more this time, because I was not feeling well, and sewed the entire thing in 15 minute stretches between naps and gluten-induced washroom breaks).
This shirt is replacing my much beloved purple plaid shirt. I wore that shirt everywhere, but it was definitely a "makes you look pregnant when you aren't" shirt, and after the third person asked me when my baby was due while wearing it (and the hour of crying after each incident - curse you, gathered empire waist tops!), I stopped wearing it. It hit the donate pile in my closet clean-out last week and I am super happy to have a loose-fitting but not prenatal-looking alternative.