I loved my wedding day. But I pushed my luck. I thought I could have beautiful weather, a handsome husband, a homemade dress, and also blow out the candles at the end of the night without incident. WRONG.
The DJ was packing up and I was so tired that I thought I might keel over but I wanted to help blow out the candles and pack up the remaining things in the tent that needed to come inside. I was merrily bopping (probably actually more like trudging, actually) along, blowing out candles when WHAM. One candle exploded hot wax all over my face!
It didn't hurt, but it was definitely surprising. And confusing, because suddenly I couldn't see.
I was so tired that I just put the candle down, went inside and laid on the couch. I didn't even cry. I was too exhausted for that. When Brenna came in, all I said was "Can you please peel the wax off my face?" and she said "Should I ask?" And I said no, and then she just calmly pulled wax out of my hair. Happy Bunny came in and took one look at us and said something along the lines of "this is what happens when you try to help clean up on your wedding day". Ha!
So if you ever need to clean a whole lot of candle wax off your glasses on your wedding night, just put them in the freezer for ten minutes and it chips right off.